Thread: Question about Thunderbird

Question about Thunderbird

Hey guys, I'm using Gmail for my primary email and I recently started using Mozilla Thunderbird as my desktop client.

The problem:

When Thunderbird is on, emails go straight to Thunderbird, as if they were completely skipping the actual Gmail server. I would see notifications for new emails on my Blackberry and Thunderbird but if I go to check Gmail (on web browser), those same messages will not be in the inbox, even if I had not deleted those messages.

I have also tried leaving Thunderbird off and the emails would go there to the Gmail server but as soon as I open Thunderbird again, the emails would disappear from the Gmail server.

My Thunderbird Settings:
    Mozilla Thunderbird v. 2.0.0.23
    Addons:
    ImageZoom (disabled)
    Leopard Mail theme (enabled)

Anybody have a similar problem and/or has a solution for this? Please reply asap, thanks!

Do you have POP mail setup on thunderbird? It's probly set to download new mail from GMAIL.. There may be an option in your gmail to retain the email in the inbox, check the POP mail settings for your GMAIL account. Here's a link that shows the POP mail options http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...=cb&lev=answer

Thanks! Looks like I was archiving the copy and that's why it was disappearing.

Cool, glad you got it sorted out.

I am using thunder officially . can we link our yahoo account with this.

Thread Information