Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with ActiveX?

Remove all the temporary Internet-related files

loadTOCNode(2, 'resolution');Remove all the temporary Internet-related files from your computer. To do so, follow these steps:1.Start Internet Explorer.2.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. 3.Click the General tab.4.Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings.5.Click Delete Files.6.Click OK.7.Click Delete Cookies.8.Click OK.9.Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes.10.Click OK.Back to the top
    Update or repair the scripting engine

loadTOCNode(2, 'resolution');To update the scripting engine for Internet Explorer on Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows NT 4.0, download the latest scripting engine. To do so, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Could be a damaged scripting engine. Take a look at this link;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Quote Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
    Could be a damaged scripting engine. Take a look at this link;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260
    As I mentioned one or more of the Windows or IE updates (occurs only on some systems), is corrupted the system files.
    The link you provided gives a good explanation and how to fix it but I was disappointed to hear that the workaround is not much better than what I have been doing which was to re-install Windows.

I think itzbilly got the same issue as I generally see with screwed up scripting engine, hopefully I am wrong but probably not.

I will have to put this on my list of Windows Annoyances list and test one update at a time to find out which update exactly is the culprit....well, when I do get through this tedious task and find out, I will share it.

Good luck itzilly and thank god for Firefox!

~TL

Quote Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
    Remove all the temporary Internet-related files

Update or repair the scripting engine

loadTOCNode(2, 'resolution');To update the scripting engine for Internet Explorer on Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows NT 4.0, download the latest scripting engine. To do so, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Unfortunately, I have no idea whether or not my Windows is genuinely activated so I rather not risk the update. Any other ideas? I'm currently on Firefox but I'm not sure if ActiveX would be affected here.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbilly View Post
    Unfortunately, I have no idea whether or not my Windows is genuinely activated so I rather not risk the update. Any other ideas? I'm currently on Firefox but I'm not sure if ActiveX would be affected here.
    ActiveX problems were caused by possible Scripting Engine corruption but regardless, Firefox would not be effected and you should continue using FF whenever you need to view videos on the web. Using FF all the time would be a good idea but of course everyone has different tastes and needs...

Quote Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
    ActiveX problems were caused by possible Scripting Engine corruption but regardless, Firefox would not be effected and you should continue using FF whenever you need to view videos on the web. Using FF all the time would be a good idea but of course everyone has different tastes and needs...
    =\ alright.. thanks for the help everyone.. I'll just stick to ff.

In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and click the Reset button at the bottom. Check the box next to Delete Personal Settings. Click Reset. After you do this you'll get a message stating you have to restart Internet Explorer for changes to take effect. After it restarts Gmail should be working again.

This thread is 3 years old. Doubt the poster will return.

Thread Information