Thread: gonna put this place up for auction....

gonna put this place up for auction....

Guys its a shame how run down this place has gotten and I just haven't had any ambition to work on it in so long that I'd better just roundup everything I have on it and sell this thing off and hope the next guy will do something with it.

What a shame You even finally fixed the timestamp issue for the email!
    "Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

"Honesty is the First Chapter in the Book of Wisdom" - Thomas Jefferson

Desktop:
    AMD Phenom II x6 1100T @ 3.3Ghz
    MSi 890FXA-GD70
    16GB G.Skill DDR3-1600
    Asus HD6950 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Ex16
    4x 1.5TB WD SATA w/64MB cache in RAID10
    2x Asus 22x DVD/CD +/-RW DL SATA
    Rosewill Xtreme Series 950W PSU
    2x 23" 5ms Asus Widescreen LCD
    Laptop:
    15" Aluminum MacBook Pro
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz
    4GB DDR3 @ 1067MHz
    320GB SATA 7200RPM HDD

**View My Forum**

Yeah it's too bad how dead it has become. Good luck with the auction. Iceteks is pretty much in the same boat. Been thinking of revamping it given some of the code behind it is like 10 years old. But there's still the issue of promoting it. If I open forum registrations I get like 100 spammers per day.
    Red Squirrel
    http://www.iceteks.com | http://www.uovalor.com

Chew big cables till you hit the hard rich copper center. It's always full of surprises.

It is sad but it happens every second of every day.

My condolences.. I recommend downloading your private messages and taking a few screen shots of your favorite posts and lets hope the forum stays in archive on the way back machine or something happens and Blank decides to keep the forums up.. I was here from way back when it was the OCZ store asking for help on how to get my OCZ slot A up to 950MHZ.. Good times...

Good luck with the auction and please KIT..

Haven't heard from vadar or the deathstar for a very long time except the reguarls, blacknight/squirrel/woodman/judy etc.. Maybe we can all exchange emails so we can KIT beford things are shut down..... or maybe something can happen where things keep going for Ianag.

I ended up just putting this place on really cheap hosting and basically just leaving it up for maybe someday doing something. I am currently learning C so if anybody has some ideas for any kind of apps they'd like to see I'll probably recode some of the old tweaking apps from like 2004 just as exercises while I learn stuff.

Hell, the last link I had for here stopped working a few months ago and I just realized the url/domain had changed back to iamnotageek.. ...I thought the place went down. lol

In all things being as they are today with me, I've done my best to purge myself of the computer hobby. I'm only a user anymore, and my present computer is just an HP that I bought, which I only upgraded the PSU and video card. It just isn't worth "fixing" a screwed up computer these days when you can go buy a replacement for $100.

I spend 99% of my online time moderating a Pennsylvania based gun site now.

Hell, the last link I had for here stopped working a few months ago and I just realized the url/domain had changed back to iamnotageek.. ...I thought the place went down. lol

In all things being as they are today with me, I've done my best to purge myself of the computer hobby. I'm only a user anymore, and my present computer is just an HP that I bought, which I only upgraded the PSU and video card. It just isn't worth "fixing" a screwed up computer these days when you can go buy a replacement for $100.

I spend 99% of my online time moderating a Pennsylvania based gun site now.

Can you put a limit on people sending PM's or just cut off new signups? Seem to be getting a lot of PMs from spammers.

Thread Information