Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HJT log - randomly redirected/very slow computer

I only asked about the MBA-M because there are files running that only come with the paid version. MBA-M is an excellent program, I would advise you keep it once the trial of the paid version runs out, generally after two weeks.
    I would definitely advise you go with a totally different anti-virus program, AVG is just not much of a protection program, it doesn't stand up at all to the other free or paid programs available.

Frankly I see absolutely nothing that would cause the problems you are having. How long has this been going on? Have you added any new programs recently?
    I can have you run one more program, very powerful if you wish to see if it can find and remove something.
    Let me know if you are willing to do this.

Yes I am completely unable of using the keyboard at moment (using the virtual keyboard) since any keystroke redirects me to a blank page.

I have only had the computer a couple days and it was riddled with viruses when I got it. Only programs I've installed were the Malwarebytes, CCleaner and the HJT tool.

I am uninstalling AVG now but what do you suggest I do more?

Quote Originally Posted by Articulation View Post
    Yes I am completely unable of using the keyboard at moment (using the virtual keyboard) since any keystroke redirects me to a blank page.

I have only had the computer a couple days and it was riddled with viruses when I got it. Only programs I've installed were the Malwarebytes, CCleaner and the HJT tool.

I am uninstalling AVG now but what do you suggest I do more?
    If it was riddled with viruses when you got it, if you have restore disks I personally would reformat it, no telling what key system files may have been damaged. Then it would be started fresh, back at factory install. The scans aren't showing anything, we both know "something" is there. Wonder if the previous owners have tried removals, do you know? If previous owners had tried and in the midst of that used System Restore or edited or "cleaned" the registry, then anything relating to the infections likely won't show and be extremely difficult to even find, because either one of those two things could remove "key visible footprints" to the infections, leaving the infections but just making them nearly impossible to find.
    Do you have the restore disks? If so you could reformat, reinstall update and get this back up to good working order in just a few hours. Or we can try one more tool which is extremely powerful but at this point I don't know if it will even work. There may have been too much damage done already.
    Your call.

Thread Information