Thread: Not sure to delete this

Not sure to delete this

Hey I'm new here and just parsed my log and got three red flags and was wondering if someone more knowledgeable than me could tell me if these are actually harming my computer:

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

I know on the last one another forum said that just as long as the ctfmon.exe is in the WINDOWS\system32 file that its not the actual virus. Anybody that could elaborate on these three I would consider them god amongst men. Thanks!

Absolutely nothing wrong with any one of these three files all are legitimate files. The browseui.dll listings refer to the Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Shell Browser UI Library

As you noted nothing wrong either with the ctfmon.exe

Now that said, if you are using HiJackThis to fix something, that is a huge mistake, it is rarely used today. It shows virtually no infections even on machines that are severely infected. The virus writers today just make sure to write the codes so that nothing shows in HiJackThis. Plus, HiJackThis doesn't scan well with Vista or Windows 7.
    I have no idea where or if you used a HiJackThis analyzer but the one here isn't worth a plug nickel. It is years out of date. The last time it was truly updated was several years before Vista was released and it even shows the HJT version 2.0.4 which is the one in use today as a dangerous file to be removed.

If you fixed anything with HiJack this you may have damaged your computer. Why did you use it in the first place.

Thread Information