Thread: Top prevention apps that dont eat up resources like mad?

Top prevention apps that dont eat up resources like mad?

Obviously step #1 is the hosts file but since I've not been paying attention to the scene in a few years I thought I'd ask you guys for some suggestions on what to put on systems like what my wife and sister use who have above average computer knowledge but still somehow no matter what I tell them get their computers infected from time to time.

In the past all of the actually good apps molested system resources unbelievably bad....

Additionally, a solid Firewall (with HIPS protection) is strongly recommended, if they didn't already have one installed.
    I favor having a strong firewall over a good AV scanner.

do you know if the MBDL works properly if used with the scheduled task so on my moms computer I can have it run every week or every month? I'm trying to get something together to hopefully not see these frickin computers again for a while.

It does and should since it is a simple batch file, there really is no reason for it not to work. Schedule it so it runs once a week which should be good enough.
    Worst case scenario, put a shortcut to MDBL.bat in the "All Users\Startup" folder. It only take a few seconds to run anyways.

Thread Information