I thought I would check this game out since my nephews seem to enjoy it..

This is open for discussion, however, keep in mind that this is not a request for help, nor is it a support forum for League of legends.. Please do not discuss illegal activity on this forum such as illegal file sharing.

Does anyone have issues with ping spikes and disconnects with this game?

Have you tried changing your hardware and or software to see if there is any difference in regards to how much lag you get or how many times your internet resets itself?

I did some looking into it.

Not only does this game have issues with the application programming, with numerous patches/updates but It seems that League of Legends comes pre-packaged with Pando media booster software that is used to both update the end users client version as well as provide updates, from end user machine, to other LoL users, via peer to peer sharing..

I know this topic is not to be discussed here, however I will use this as a reference to the issue with league of legends..

I remember that sometime in the past, users could run 3-4 P2P applications, with hundreds of incoming/outgoing connections, with the only limmitation being the kilobytes per second that each connection was able to send, due to the limmit of the internet connections bandwidth.. and this is on older/slower computer hardware some 10 years ago.....

New computers are more capable of data throughput, the hardware is faster, the software can handle more Gigabytes of memory, the internetworking equipment can handle more Kilobytes per second etc.

There is a possiblity that League of Legends p2p updater is a problem in regards to lag and internet service disconnections.... The lag due to all the file sharing, and the possibility that your ISP is detecting this p2p traffic and forcing a limmitation or reset on the modem... This is just speculation though..

Reference the above statement about p2p applications in the past, then read the following:

It has been mentioned on several forums that after a certain number of connections, the equipment's buffers and CPU begin to CHOKE and either lock up, stop responding or better equipment/software have automatic diagnostics that detect the issue and reset themselfs.

Some people are saying that consumer grade opperating systems, as well as internet service connections DSL/CABLE/Broadband are purposely limmited to the number of simultanious connections, or the ports/packets being used, in regards to P2P applications.

There can be many answers to why the lag and disconnect would happen, the most common one from people is that the equipment just can't handle the load, but again, I've seen older/slower equipment that was perfectly capable of handling hundreds of simultanious connections, with the only issue being the number of KBPS per connection, due to bandwidth limmitations.

Is there is any truth to the word on the net about the consumer grade internetworking hardware/software being made to limmit p2p, only the higher ups in the industry know.

From a pure hardware standpoint, it makes sense that you can only do so much with the hardware before the memory gets full.

This makes sense in regards to why League of Legends would appear to be laggy on a computer, many people are reporting that there are several issues in regards to League of legends having memory leaks.. however.. that does not explain why many people are reporting that their internet/broadband modem would reset itself whenever the application is run.

This is open for discussion, however, keep in mind that this is not a request for help, nor is it a support forum for League of legends.. Please do not discuss illegal activity on this forum such as illegal file sharing.